Robertsbridge is a lovely medieval village in the East-Sussex region, about 12 miles from Hastings, a vibrant seaside town steeped in history and culture.
Crossed by the Rother River, Robertsbridge features an eclectic selection of nice restaurants, pubs and small shops. Regular train services depart from London and the journey takes 1h and 20 min.
Along with outstanding natural landscapes, there is an abundance of places of historic interest to visit in the whole area, including Robertsbridge Bonfire. This is held every third Saturday during November and is cultural display of commuinity spirit, with the excitement of Bonfires & Firework displays.
Peanswood Country Manor could not be better located for visiting a vast range of interesting villages, nearby beaches and towns steeped in history.
A short drive will take you to the following:
– 3 minute drive to the train station
– 6 miles to the famous town of Battle
– 8 miles to the delightful village of Ticehurst where you can enjoy access to the famous Bewl Water with its varied water sports activities (sailing and kayaking in particular)
– 10 miles to Wadhurst
– 12 miles to the famous and historical seaside town of Hastings
– 15 miles to the medieval seaside town of Rye, famous for it’s lovely harbour, restaurants and traditional antique and gift shops
– 20 miles to the ever popular and incredibly attractive town of Royal Tunbridge Wells
– 21 miles to Eastbourne with its lovely beaches and ‘typical’ seaside attractions
– 33 miles to Brighton, where you can enjoy leisurely walks along the extensive promenade to Hove and of course, visit the Brighton Pier
And its only 55 miles to the centre of London
from £7,586 per week
Large family gatherings
Special occasion or party
Should coronavirus related travel restrictions mean your holiday cannot go ahead then simply request a change of dates. T&Cs apply